Some of the more recent news about the HD format war has been disturbing to say the least. Another studio recently went over to the BLU-RAY camp. It is not that I am totally opposed to BLU-RAY I am just opposed to the half hearted implementation of standards for BLU-RAY. Only now Sony decided to try and start getting it's act together with regards to what features a BLU-RAY player must include to be considered a BLU-RAY player. Most of them did and do not have a network interface, HD-DVD did and does. Different manufacturing methods of the actual BLU-RAY mechanisms have resulted in some features of certain BLU-RAY discs not working with all players. I could go on but needless to say HD-DVD had all of the uniformed standards in place right up front. HD-DVD players have had the ability from day one to download updated menus, features and trailers. all HD-DVD's have worked in all HD-DVD players. The level of on-screen interactivity on the HD-DVD format far exceeds anything Sony has done with BLU-RAY. Yes these are the ramblings of an early adopter that may regret jumping on the band wagon so very early. The good news is I will be in the exact same boat as most of the consumers that adopted the BLU-RAY format. They too will be required to purchase a new player in order to take full advantage of their blessed BLU-RAY religion.
RECENT ARTICLE!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment